Tuesday, September 22, 2015

  
         Dear Auntie,

                I'm stuck in a nightmare to which I am never sure I will leave. Our plane has crashed on the beach killing all adults, leaving only us kids to fight for survival. I'm not worried though, as we have a kid who believes he can lead us to safety.
              His name is Ralph. He is an intelligent, nice kid. He is widely considered to be a very responsible leader. Some of the other survivors tend to believe he is our way out of this wretched mess. He listens well and is very mature for our age. There is one kid that seems to be a bit of jerk and his name is Jack. To me, he has an ego and seems counter-productive at times. He also seems like he may be part of the problem in the future as he an Ralph don't really get along. I am not a very big fan of this kid. Food is around but sometimes we just have a hard time getting it. For instance, Jack was hunting along with his group when he came upon this boar. Instead of killing it, providing a feast for the rest of us, he let it escape because I think he didn't have the guts to kill it. Another kid I can tell you about is Simon. He is a small kid with a large mind. Almost like a philosopher! He is very intelligent and if he spoke up more maybe he could help find a way of this horrible island.
             We have had to come up with ideas to keep us civilized and organized. One of which is called, the Conch. When you have this conch and blow into it means that a meeting is in order or food is prepared. I'm afraid this may turn into a bad deal as its power will be misleading to some. One terrible thing about this island is the beasties. We believe they are snakes in the trees that serve no purpose other than to terrorize the survivors. The only one who doesn't believe they are snakes is Simon? Maybe he's right but it isn't worth the risk for me. The thing that terrifies me the most is the Beast. It is a scary thought and just talking about it makes me shudder. It seems to always be around which makes it equally as terrifying. We also have two groups the hunters and gathers. They are a choir who was on the plane when it crashed. The hunters tend to be more cruel I believe. Anyways, I'm not respected a whole lot by either group because of how I look. It is a shame because I tend to have some great ideas but no one really listens. I believe that with working together I could come home. But until then, I am stuck here.

               Best Wishes,
                                 Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment